Thursday 31 October 2013

The Hunger Games



Use this picture to create a narrative story.
Remember:
  • Figurative Language
  • Sentence Lengths (short, middle, long)
  • Structure (O, P, S, R)
  • Precise (interesting) words
  • Speaking parts between characters
  • Character and Setting descriptions!

Start here:
Good day, my name is Chris I am 16 years old and I have a brother called Jack who is 18. Our town Huntly have almost run out of food so there's this game called Hunger Games which is about surviving and being the last person standing. Me and my brother are competing to win the grand prise a million dollars and a free trip to Hawaii. Jack has been training and wanted me to enter with him. Over 100 people will be competing and I can’t wait to start.

The clock is ticking “3!” my heart beats over and over, “2!” getting ready to start, “1 GOOOOOO!” Me and sam run in the forest we hide in the bushes. Arrows are all over the place, people are fighting. Jack tells me to wait until it goes silent. A couple minutes later the sound stops. I am getting concerned. Jack And I run to a tree and take cover. “Where is everyone?” I whisper. Its like their doing the same thing we are. My mind starts to worry but then goes back to me and Jack. My body starts to shiver. 3 hours later and turns into night which isn’t a good thing. “We’ll camp for the night over here.” Jack whispers. An arrow flies right where we were standing were getting ambushed. A group of boys that look like their in their teens are all around us. We know there's too many to fight. My brother sarts telling them were freindly but they speak a different laguage people are yelling at us. Cowards I say in my mind. Why won’t you verse us hand to hand Jack says the throw their bows away and get into a fighting position. BANG, BOOM, POW punches are flying all over the place the group of boys are now lying on the ground crying. We tell them to get lost and they start running away. Jack tells me to pick up an bow. We put the arrows on our back in this bag. we start running on again. 24 hours later and we have been hiding in a tree. We find someone inside a tower and it looks like a man I aim my arrow at him and hold my breath. I let go of the string and the arrow flies all the way to the man it goes straight at his stomach he starts to faint blood is all over the place but I had to do it or he could of spot me. Jack just turns away and focuses on his side I am shocked of what I just saw but right now I got to focus on me.

74 hours later and we make it to the last 2 groups one group comes out of a bush and a starts looking at us with a disgusting taste in their mouths they’re obviously not nice. we start to have the last duel. We shoot arrows at them until we run out. Jacks been hit in the leg with one. I start punching the boys until they run away Jacks leg is bleeding but he isn’t dead “WE WON!” I yell after all that hard work we won. Jack smiles as he pulls out the arrow. I get a bandage and give to him, he wraps it around his leg and then puts one arm around me I pick him up as he limps. We walk to the start line and smile. This was totaly worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment