Friday 20 September 2013

The Storm of The Day



Title: The storm of the day
Author: Cypress
Description:

I stood on the porch looking at the large waves hoping that they don’t get bigger. The wind whistled through the trees then blew them down. The hole lawn was covered by the ocean I couldn’t even see the grass anymore. People were screaming. I saw lots of bodies being swept away by the water. My heart beeping one million times a second. My body started to shiver. You no longer could see the sun anymore it was covered by all of the dark and grey clouds. it was like a war between earth and the skies. I felt really scared that the ocean would drown me. Houses were carried away from the water. The ocean was like the main enemy of this war. Rain dropped to the ocean like a giant ancer got pushed down. Smoke came from some trees burnt by the lightning all I could hear was a big BOOM. I felt the ashes of the fire touching my arm like its trying to hurt me. The smoke tried to reach my mouth and kill me but I tried not to breath it in. Logs were traveling faster than a car it was as if they were having a race. The cars were drowned into the water and pulled back up but when they got back they were were damaged more than what a bulldozer would do to them. My mouth started to get raw it was frozen so hard couldn’t open it. I could smell the salt of the ocean going into the air. It was a scary experience it was like a nightmare coming to life that will haunt you for days. The animals made a huge racket ever since the storm started. Half of my house was falling off I couldn’t believe my eyes. Tears came down from my eyes. My mind told my body to be brave but my body didn’t listen. The sound made my ears hide in shame. The power lines changed colour every time the rain hit them. I was waiting to see what would happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment