Friday 15 November 2013

After The Storm

The kids walk alone on the streets, everybody is crying and making shelters. It looks like a dump. People are protecting themselves from the rain with worn out umbrellas. The civilians beg for food, kids a robbing stuff.  The houses are all crushed like mashed potatoes and there is junk all over the fields. Babies are crying, kids are screaming as the rain splashes into their faces. No grass is in sight only one dead bush. People are waiting for food. Some look dehydrated. Animals are limping. Dead bodies are laid out on the floor. The water turns into mud. Most of the place is all grey, black and brown. People roam the streets in no shoes to cover their foots People are digging in the garbage to see what they could find. Properties are smashed and nothing was left.

I can feel the wind stroking my legs. The rain is splashing on me making my clothes wet. I see families begging for goods. My eyes spot people drinking dirty water. My nose smells the mud that is getting bigger. I can’t even breathe properly. I can touch the umbrella handle. My hand is getting tired of holding it. I feel sad and lonely. Its so boring. I taste the rain splashing into my mouth. Thats the only thing I can drink for now. I hear screams In the distance. Babies are sulking and crying. My mind tells me I can’t handle this. I feel so frustrated and mad inside because everything I had once is now all gone. Trash is dumped all over the place. People are staring at their feet as they walk. Kids are still playing but not smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment